Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hola from Honduras!

Well, I made it safely to Honduras after a long day of traveling. My group flew out of the ATL airport on Monday morning and flew to Tegucigalpa. There was bad weather in Tegucigalpa so we flew to San Pedro Sulo (sp?) instead and wait for 2 hours. They said if the weather did not clear in 3 hours we would either have to find our own transportation to Tegucigalpa or fly back to Atlanta so we were kind of freaking out! But thankfully the weather cleared to we made it safely to Tegucigalpa. We went through customs and got picked up from the airport by our taxi bus from the orphanage. We stopped to get food at the Metro Mall and we saw Subway so of course I stopped (Mom, I'm making you proud)! Considering I don't speak any Spanish ordering food was a struggle. I did a whole lot of pointing and smiling and shaking my head. The whole situation was humerous. I didn't know how to say mustard so instead I said amirillo (sp?) which is yellow in Spanish! HAHA it was just a struggle! Our bus ride was about 3 hours to the Orphanage. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and so sad at the same time. I've never seen such poverty...it really broke my heart. It really looked like it was from a movie. We got to the orphanage last night and we just got settled in and went to bed. P.s. as i was getting ready for bed i heard a cow outside my window hahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment