Friday, July 16, 2010

Feliz Navidad!

We have a lesson plan for the special needs kids so we have been teaching them the story of creation. Yesterday we took them to the court and played with the parachute, which was hillarious. I never thought people could so excited to play with a parachute. It's so refreshing to see the kids get excited about things that I don't really give the time of day for aka a parachute.

Today we took the special needs kids to the "Craft House" and we had a lesson about Genesis 1:1. I learned it in Espanol..."Dios, en el princinpo, creo los cieoles y la tierra"...I think that is it, but as you should know my spanish is NOT good! we took two groups to the Craft House and we did some sand/glue artwork and then colored in coloring books. We decided that we should play Christmas music so we celebrated Christmas in July in Honduras, which was rather memorable. We basically had a dance party with the special needs kids which always makes for a good time! We had the special needs yard singing Christmas carols the rest of the day.



This afternoon we went into the town of Guaimaca. I really enjoy going into town, because it is a nice break from the kids [not that I don't love them, but its fun to just get away and come back to all of it]. We went to the actual "town square" which is tiny, but adorable. I love the people in Honduras they are so precious and friendly. The people sit outside their houses and shops all day long so I love getting to watch them.

I'm still loving it here! I love the kids more everyday, they constantly keep me laughing and on my toes because I RARELY EVER know what they are talking about haha. It's okay I'm learning! Okay well I am going to try and add pictures later tonight, but that is all I know for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment