Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This is from last night but my internet didn't work:)

After being here for a couple of weeks I'm really getting into the swing of things. I know somewhat a little more of what is going on here at Emmanuel. Being a volunteer, you kind just do whatever job is needed and just help out in anyway possible. I've really enjoyed my time here and I can't believe I've been here for two weeks and I only have two weeks left. It's crazy how time flies by. The Lord has really revealed to me why I am here, and it is solely to love on these kids, because that is one of the biggest things they need. The language barrier was one of the most frustrating things at first because all I wanted was to have meaningful conversations with the girls and tell them how special they are, but my lack of spanish really puts a hinderance on that. I've learned that love speaks all languages and I am able to show them God's love through my actions. My heart just breaks for these kids who have experienced things that I can't even comprehend and all they want is to be loved. It took a while to realize that, but now I am loving just LOVING on these kids. Another thing that God has taught me is that I can glorify Him and His kingdom through all jobs. It doesn't just have to be the glamorous jobs, but I can do it through the gross jobs such as showering the special needs girls and changing countless dirty diapers in the toddler house everyday. This has been an encouraging realization just knowing that God is getting the glory through EVERYTHING that I am doing here. Being here really has made me realize just how fortunate I am to have my parents, because they are so supportive, love me unconditional, taught me everything that I do know, and have truly just invested in my life. It breaks my heart to see the kids living day to day without parents present in their lives. Many of the kids here are not actually true orphans, their parents were just not able to support them, the kid ran away from home, or the government took the kids from their home. Once a month they have a day when the families can come and spend time with the kids. They had that the other day and it was unreal seeing parents coming and then just leaving and be perfectly content with leaving. Some kids were just torn apart all day knowing that their parents just leave them, and wanting to go with them, but not being wanted. I could not imagine seeing my child once a month and leaving and being fine. I think that was one of the most shocking moments, because the kids strive for their parents love, but the parents are just not there to give it to them. Even though these kids have been rejected, they are still so receptive of the love that we have to give them. That has truly been a blessing, just to be able to be a part of their life.
This week I am going back to working with the special needs kids during the day! I am excited, because I really did miss seeing these kids during the day. The Lord really has filled those kids with joy, and it is absolutely contagious to be around. I find it quite close to impossible to be the slightest bit sad and anyother feeling when I am around these kids. They radiate joy and I know that only comes from the Lord, because of their circumstances.
There is a volunteer group here from Tennessee and they brought about 15 people. They invited all 30 of the volunteers over to the team house for dinner last night. It was wonderful getting to meet them and hang out with them. And it was so nice just to be served by them!
I'm loving getting to hang out with the other volunteers and love getting closer with all the girls that I came with and especially Katie Hardekopf:). Anyways, I love being here and I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here and just serve.

"I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other FOR EVERYONE WHO EXALTS HIMSELF WILL BE HUMBLED, BUT HE WHO HUMBLES HIMSELF WILL BE EXALTED." Luke 18:14

P.S. I figured out why we have internet...They forgot to turn it off. They are supposed to turn off the internet everytime the power goes off (which is FREQUENTLY). So if I stop blogging/responding...it is because the internet is off! That's all for now.

Also, I'll post more about today later!

No comments:

Post a Comment