Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America from Honduras!






Happy 4th of July! I'm kinda sad that I am not celebrating America's birthday in America, but I am decked out in my America clothing! Today has been a more relaxed day we woke up and went to church, which was so neat. They do everything in spanish and then english, so everyone knows what is going on. I'm still amazed that people from different countries all worship the same God, that just begins to show how big our God is! On Sundays all the volunteers get together at the Tienda (store) and eat lunch and then just hang out, so that was fun getting to know the others better! One of the little girls (13 years old) broke her leg yesterday so she has been staying in the medical clinic all day and night. All the female volunteers have been taking shifts staying with her, because there is not a permanant nurse here. I am currently hanging out with Ruth right now. She has such a sweet and gentle spirit, even with a broken leg. She doesn't speak much english and i barely speak any spanish so our communication has been limited but we are making it work! I sang and danced to some High School Musical for her, which was quite a scene haha! I tell ya the kids here love Disney, almost as much as me:) I'm learning to be a mom...Shelly (another volunteer) and myself helped shower her, which was my first time to shower anyone with a cast and a full leg one in fact! But she just fell asleep about 20 minutes ago, so hopefully the pain will not be unbearable! In Honduras the medicine they have given her is Children's Motrin ever 8 hours. It makes me so sad because I know she is in a lot of pain. So I pray that her leg starts to heal and she is able to function fully soon! Well right now all the volunteers are having a 4th of July celebration that I will be joining in a little bit and I can't wait to sing some patriotic songs!

p.s. these are some pictures from kamp at KAA not Honduras...but they are just late coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment