Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday


Katie and a Precious Honduran aka I don't know her name

Just in jewelry making class...no big deal

Sweet Pedro at our Christmas Celebration

Olvin

My Girls
Oscar

Oscar...yes Hondurans can look white to!

The group that went into town...in the "town square"

It just hit me today how time is flying by and I only have about 10 days left! I love it here and don't want to think about leaving these precious kids. Today was a relaxing Saturday which was great to get re-energized for next week. Every Saturday one of the volunteers, Rachel teaches a jewelry making class. Some of us went to it today and made our own jewelry it was so fun!!! I've decided that is going to be a new hobby of mine. We did that for a couple of hours and hung out with some of the older kids while doing that.

Embarrassing story for the day...I went out to the yard to play with the older girls. One of the girls asked me to go get some paper from my house [in Spanish of course]. So I go up to the house and get my notebook and pull some paper out and walk it down to her. Well when I get there all the girls burst into laughter. In Honduras they call everything made of paper, paper such as school paper, kleenex, and TOILET PAPER!! So when she asked me to bring her toilet paper I brought her notebook paper hahah! Good thing I can laugh at myself. This was just my daily comical relief for the girls:) I told them from now on they have to make a distinction between the different types of paper!

My sweet friend Taylor shared this with us today from David Platt's Radical book: "We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes." This is so true especially after coming here, I know that it is going to be so hard to say goodbye to all the kids after building relationships with them!

Buenos Noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment