Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Honduran way of life...

Me and Estefani at the soccer game!
the bird that Olivia and I got attacked with.

Possibly one of the cutest Honduran kids ever

Absolutely Precious

Erin and I learning to mop Honduran style with our friends Karla and Glenda.

So today while I was working in the toddler house one of my responsibilites was to help them clean up the dining area. I'm sure as you can imagine 30 toddlers sure can make a mess. I learned to clean Honduran style, which is different than anything else that I have ever seen. We sweep, then use the hose to spray the entire area, then sweep the water away, then use the mop as a broom and a mop and go over the floor like 5 times. There is an exact angle to swing the mop hahah and I finally conquered it after many tries! I kept joking that I'm becoming so Honduran they just laugh at me! Hondurans sure are good at cleaning considering they clean everything 3 times a day. The toddlers were so precious today, they are exhausting but so lovable! Another thing that Hondurans are good at is football aka soccer. All the volunteers (all americans) played the girls and they were so good! I laughed hysterically for about 10 minutes because I was so bad. I for some reason was the goalie and got scored on about 7 or 8 times. Team USA scored 2 points so we said that we won, because if we scored one points we would automatically win. We had so much fun! I'm exhausted I have been up 15 hours striaght so I'm gonna hit the hay! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment